Brighton Homes, formerly McDonald Jones Homes, is one of 14 local and national builders with designs showcased in our 35 home Display Village.
The team is confident in their product and service saying: “We’ve immersed ourselves in the Queensland lifestyle to ensure you’ll be able to move as easily through our homes as the summer breeze does.”
The Brighton Homes team made its mark in NSW being branded as the biggest builder in the state. Since moving to QLD, their aim is to be recognised as one of the most trusted household names in the Sunshine State and grow the business in a similar way as was done in NSW. Creating innovative, affordable and architecturally designed homes for people in all walks of life, the quality and service that you will receive is their main focus.
Brighton Homes has four designs on Display at North Harbour: The Bridgetown 38, The Santa Fe, The Miami 16m and The Havana. https://www.northharbour.com.au/display-village/brighton-homes
North Harbour parkrun
Free, 5km walk, jog or run. 7am at the future Heritage Precinct every Saturday, to find out more visit https://www.facebook.com/northharbourparkrun/
North Harbour parkrun launched in November last year under the guidance of parkrun coordinator Connie Isherwood. Connie is a seasoned runner and personal trainer who brings boundless energy and enthusiasm to our parkrun.
As Connie says, “The best thing about parkrun is, you don’t have to be a seasoned runner to take part. Young and old, walkers and runners. It’s all about your own personal health and fitness journey.
“North Harbour parkrun showcases the history and beautiful natural parklands in the area and is one of the only completely off-road courses around. The aim of parkrun is encouraging people to take their first step towards a healthier lifestyle and to engage within the local community.”
Running has been proven to be one of the best forms of exercise. Its benefits include:
- Getting fit! Obviously, running helps you get fit and maintain fitness – it is a cardiovascular exercise which means it works the heart and the lungs as well as the entire body
- Running also makes you happier! “Runners High” isn’t a myth, research has found that even a single session of exercise—30 minutes of walking or running —could instantly lift your mood
- Running strengthens your knees! Despite what you’re heard about running being bad for joints it is in fact good for them, as Boston University researcher David Felson explains. “We know from many long-term studies that running doesn’t appear to cause much damage to the knees,” Felson said. “When we look at people with knee arthritis, we don’t find much of a previous history of running, and when we look at runners and follow them over time, we don’t find that their risk of developing osteoarthritis is any more than expected.”
- Fit adults stay sharper! Running and other exercise can improve mental function
- It’s FREE! All you need is a good pair of running shoes and you’re off 😊
The North Harbour parkrun is free of charge and open to everyone, but unfortunately as we do have cattle on the property, dogs are not allowed. And, if you are planning to come and thinking of bringing a pushchair, we suggest an all-terrain version as the course can be demanding on the uneven ground.
North Harbour parkrun is held every Saturday, the run starts at 7am with the briefing held at 6:45am. Hope to see you there!
Sunrise Yoga in the Park
7am at Reflections Park every Sunday, to find out more visit https://www.facebook.com/sunriseyogainthepark/
Sunday Sunrise Yoga in the Park at North Harbour is a weekly, free community event held at 7am each Sunday in Reflections Park Our teacher is the lovely Dionne from “Body Rythm” who has been practicing yoga for many years and lives locally in Burpengary East.
Dionne said, “This one hour yoga class provides an amazing way to take your first step to learning and implementing a yoga practice into your life, as well as the opportunity to connect with other yogis in a blissfully natural environment.”
8 Reasons to Try Yoga:
- Gain increased strength, flexibility and agility
- Enhance your memory and cognitive function
- Yoga helps you control your weight – very good for balancing hormones and normalising weight
- Naturally reduces pain
- Supports respiratory efficiency – helps you to breathe more easily
- Helps normalise blood pressure
- Helps increase sense of wellbeing – beneficial to mental health
- Helps prevent degenerative diseases
- So, if you haven’t tried yoga before and would like to give it a try – Sunday Sunrise Yoga in the Park is for you.
What to bring:
- Yoga Mat (or towel)
- Water Bottle
- An open heart and a smile 😊
- NB there are no toilet or water facilities in the park
Bootcamp with Cam
Various boot camp sessions during the week, held at the Village Park – to find out more contact Cam on 0403 932 060 or visit www.cam-fit.com.
Cam’s Top Five Tips for Fitness Success:
- Get a small group of friends or family members together and make a pact to get fit together. No one is to let each other down no matter what!
- Start a food diary and be consistent, this will be a wakeup call to you and show you what aspects of your diet need improvement. If you’re a midweek drinker, it’s time to stop drinking midweek and leave it to weekends. Alcohol has plenty of calories and if you remove these you’ll feel a lot healthier in a minimal amount of time.
- Get active with your kids or pets, this may mean going for walks with them or even kicking a ball down at the park. It’s enjoyable physical activity and you don’t even realise it’s exercise!
- Block out time in your day to dedicate it to exercise and make no excuses to bail out.
- Don’t try and make drastic changes straight away. Progressive changes are more successful in the long-run. Ask for advice, ask to be educated. Education goes along way when achieving goals, always look for ways to improve yourself and your lifestyle. 4 M’s: Maintain Momentum to Maximise results in Minimal Time!
If organised activities aren’t your thing or you can’t make it to one of our events, there are lots of walking and running tracks around North Harbour with more opening up throughout 2018. To find out more about our 1,000 acres of open space and parklands and upcoming events make sure you sign up for our enewsletter here.
North Harbour is a masterplanned community development on the northside of Brisbane in the popular suburb of Burpengary East. Our Sales & Information Centre and Display Village (with 35 display homes including Brighton Homes) is open seven days a week, 10am-5pm. For more information regarding available land for sale or to make an appointment to view our house and land packages contact us.