Coral Homes Offering Big Savings In Their ‘New Homes 2018’ Campaign & North Harbour’s Archaeology Team Delves Into The Past
February 23, 2018
If you’re looking to build this year, the Coral Homes displays at North Harbour are well worth a visit. Not only is Coral one of Australia’s most respected builders, the team also has some great offers currently with massive savings of up to $20,000 available on double storey homes and $12,000 off single storey homes with the New Home 2018 Sale! Save on ducted aircon, carpet, tiling and outdoor finishing. These offers are obviously subject to terms and conditions so for more information visit https://coralhomes.com.au/promotions/2018-new-home-sale or drop in to see the Coral team at North Harbour.
Coral Homes opened the very first North Harbour Display Home in March 2016 and their stunning designs are extremely popular in our house and land packages. Coral is one of the largest, most reputable home builders in Australia, with a vast building area and display home network spanning from Bundaberg to Sydney and west to Toowoomba. We are proud to be Coral’s northside base showcasing three designs; The Kingscliff 23, The Noosa 25 and the Daydream 30. To find out more about Coral Homes’ at North Harbour visit https://www.northharbour.com.au/display-village/coral-homes.
North Harbour Heritage
The North Harbour site has a long and interesting heritage having gone through several incarnations over the years since it was first named “Moray Fields” in 1861 – a Cotton Farm, Sugar Plantation, Dairy Farm and Pine Plantation before the North Harbour team purchased it in 2005. Now a team of experts is bringing the past back to life with a $3 million Heritage Precinct centred around the heritage–listed archaeological remains of the “Moray Fields” settlement.
As we announced last year, the Heritage Precinct, which will take two years to develop, will cost over $3 million with $1,535,062 of funds coming from the Federal Government through a funding agreement with the Abbey Museum of Art and Archaeology. Funding is through the Community Development Grants programme, provided through the Department of Infrastructure and Regional Development.
The $1,535,062 Grant will be matched dollar for dollar by Northeast Business Park Pty Ltd, developer of North Harbour. The Abbey Museum and North Harbour are working in partnership and providing significant “in-kind” support through project planning, project management, post-construction operation and maintenance.
The Heritage Precinct project will allow the significant historical features remaining from the “Moray Fields” settlement to be publicly accessible for the first time since European settlement. Work includes constructing public access and parking, an interpretive building, walking trails, signage and picnic facilities to allow visitors and residents access to this important historic site. A canoe landing will also provide access to the Caboolture River.
Steve Chaddock from Timeline Heritage is working with a team of archaeologists at the remains of the “Moray Fields” property that was built by George Raff at what is now the North Harbour site.
Steve said: “We are looking to carefully record the exposed areas of the old house and its outbuildings and yards so that we can later interpret that to the public and in advance of a tree management program aiming to preserve the State Listed archaeological remains.”
“It’s a slow and steady process, so in this first stage of work we found out what is there by dividing the site into squares, each 5x5m, and then we systematically took on one square at a time.”
“We found areas of cement flooring, some of it had been lifted by trees, some of which have grown really tall after 50 years of little maintenance. We found worked stone blocks and stone foundations and areas of floor made by lying down bricks in a closely packed fashion.”
To find out more about the rich history of the North Harbour site visit http://www.northharbourheritagepark.org/.
- Don’t forget to support our community partners, Moreton Bay Lions https://www.facebook.com/moretonbaylions/ on Saturday 3rd March, as they host the Brisbane Lions and Sydney Swans game in the pre-season JLT Community Series. Moreton Bay Central Sports Complex, Aquatic Centre Dr, Burpengary QLD 4505. Curtain Raiser: Annual Councillors Cup, Moreton Bay AFSC vs Redcliffe kick off at 12:40pm, Brisbane Lions v Sydney Swans kick off at 3:35pm. The North Harbour team will be cheering from the sidelines! To get tickets head to Ticketmaster.
- Saturday March 10th, The Brisbane Lions take on Collingwood in the 6th round of the WAFL NAB Cup. Kick-off is at 3:35pm and entry is FREE! Find out more about the WAFL NAB Cup here.
- If you’re moving into North Harbour this week visit the Sales & Information Centre to get your welcome gift of a free pizza from Divine Pizza & Pasta (located at Shop 6, 115-117, The Hub, Burpengary East).
- North Harbour parkrun Saturdays at 7am. 5km course around the Caboolture River and our future heritage precinct area. Sign up on our Facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/northharbourparkrun/
- Sunday Sunrise Yoga in the Park at Reflections Park – 7am every week for details see https://www.facebook.com/sunriseyogainthepark/
- Share the love for North Harbour and you could receive a $500 gift card! Our referrals scheme is aimed at encouraging our residents to share their love for North Harbour and refer their friends and family to join them in our beautiful neighbourhood. Residents simply fill in a referral form for any friend or family member they would like to invite to buy a home at North Harbour and every resident who refers a friend or family member who ends up buying at North Harbour will receive a $500 gift card and their friend or family member will also receive one as a thank you from us. Terms and conditions including the referral form can be found here https://northharbour.com.au/referral-program. You are welcome to drop forms back to us in the Sales office or email completed forms to firstname.lastname@example.org.
North Harbour is a new masterplanned community development on the northside of Brisbane in the popular suburb of Burpengary East. Our Sales & Information Centre and Display Village (with 35 display homes including Coral Homes) is open seven days a week, 10am-5pm. For more information regarding available house and land packages or to make an appointment call Aidan contact us.