North Harbour Mountain Bike Track
North Harbour’s riverside mountain bike track has brought a new dimension to mountain bike trails near Brisbane. Our track is one of the best things to do in Burpengary and has been designed to suit beginners and families as well as intermediate level riders. Set along 6km of North Harbour’s scenic river frontage in the Heritage Park precinct, the track is open 6am to sunset every day.
Project Director Bryan Finney said: “Our track provides a great opportunity for families to get out and enjoy the fresh air by our beautiful Caboolture River. There is loads of space for picnics, BBQs and opportunities to get together and enjoy this very special space.
“We’ve had great feedback from people who have tried out the course, with many visitors saying that this is one of the best family-friendly mountain bike trails near Brisbane.”
The mountain bike trail parking/ set off point has picnic shelters and BBQs and is also located not far from the Compass Centre in Heritage Park which has toilet facilities and water. Additional drinking fountains and bottle refill points are located throughout the park.
North Harbour Mountain Bike Track offers a trail loop almost 6km in length, suitable for beginner off-road riders / families. It has a gentle gradient and generally smooth surface with some obstacles such as roots, logs and rocks. This track is suitable for beginner mountain bikers with basic mountain-bike skills and off-road bikes.
For more skilled/intermediate riders the trail also features several (optional) obstacles, as well as a more difficult trail offshoot which has moderate gradients, a variable surface and obstacles.
Opening hours: 6am to sunset every day.
Things to note:
- Dogs must be on a leash at all time: Unfortunately, due to the protected status of the Heritage Park area, no off-leash dogs are allowed in the Heritage Park (but we have two off-leash dog parks at Habitat Park)
- No trail bikes
- Always wear a helmet
- Only ride on trails which suit your cycling abilities
- Ride according to trail conditions
- Take water, first aid kit, use sunscreen and insect repellent
- Slow down and warn other riders when approaching
- Give way when riding downhill
- Keep trails in good condition by not riding during or immediately after wet weather
- Respect areas closed to riding – Ride on trails only
- Remember you are close to the river and farmland, closed areas are for your safety
- Stay on marked trails and formed roads
- Take your rubbish with you when you leave
- Clean BBQs after use
- We do not recommend walking along the mountain bike trails, there are walking trails at the opposite end of Heritage Park, which start from the amenities block
To find out more about our great mountain bike trails near Brisbane including directions and a map of the trails, click here.
Weekends at North Harbour
Bite Markets: After working up an appetite at North Harbour’s mountain bike trail, why not visit Bite Markets? Every Friday and Saturday 4pm till late, the delicious Bite Markets at North Harbour opens its doors offering the perfect place to eat, drink, spend time with friends and family. Bite Markets is an alfresco dining precinct within our growing North Harbour community offering over 30 flavour makers, as well as market stalls, live entertainment and a children’s play zone. Located at Exit 150 off the Bruce Highway on Nolan Drive, it is a short 3 minutes from the North Harbour Sales Centre. Click here to find out more.
North Harbour parkrun: Located in Heritage Park, close to the amenities block and Compass Centre, North Harbour parkrun is held at 7am, every Saturday. Parkrun is a free 5km cross country run/ walk around the future Heritage Park along the Caboolture River.
Sunrise Yoga in the Park: You can also stretch out before you ride at 7:30am every Sunday with a free outdoor yoga class in Heritage Park, located near The Old Steps. This class is suitable for all ages and levels including beginners.
Havn: And for all your post ride coffee and brekkie needs, North Harbour’s café, Havn, is open every day for breakfasts and lunches. The Café is located in the Sales Centre building next to a great kid’s playground.
Find North Harbour
North Harbour’s Sales and Information Centre & Display Village is open seven days a week, 10am-5pm. Located on the corner of Buckley Road and Fraser Drive in Burpengary East, our Display Village is a great one-stop-shop for house hunters, showcasing brand new designs from a variety of Australia’s best builders.
If you would like to learn more about what’s on at North Harbour and keep up to date with the latest news, events and info, including our regular events, sign up for our email updates and find us on Facebook, YouTube and Instagram.
To learn more about North Harbour’s Display Village, click here. You can view latest land releases and general information on our website www.northharbour.com.au, and additional information about property for sale at North Harbour through our other online channels:
- YouTube Channel: We have over 100 videos online on our North Harbour YouTube Channel
- Blogs: We have more than 250 informative blogs on our website
- Facebook: All our latest updates are posted on Facebook, Instagram and Google
You can also contact us by phone, 07 5433 1111, or email . Our Sales and Information Centre is open 10am-5pm every day.