The latest updates on how North Harbour is operating regarding COVID-19. Learn more
July 6, 2018
Did you know you can do Yoga, every week, for free at North Harbour? Yes, not only are we located in one of the best suburbs near Brisbane, we also have free activities every weekend offering you the chance to enjoy the best lifestyle in South East Queensland.
One of these activities is Sunday Sunrise Yoga in the Park. This free class is open to everyone and is held every Sunday at 8am (weather permitting) in Reflections Park, off Mornington Parade at North Harbour. North Harbour’s Sunrise Yoga is open to all ages and designed for everybody – all levels are welcome from beginners to advanced. Reflections Park is located next to the Raff Creek Eco-Corridor and is the perfect location to unwind, relax and enjoy an amazing class in the great outdoors.
Our classes are extremely popular and we’re very pleased to be welcoming so many people to get fit and healthy. Our teacher is local yogi Dionne Lister from “The Yoga Shed”. Dionne is an excellent teacher and has been practicing yoga for many years. “Yoga has not only changed my physical body but my attitude towards life. It’s the perfect way to reduce stress, build strength and flexibility and enjoy a healthier you.”
And if one class a week isn’t enough, Dionne’s Yoga studio “The Yoga Shed” is just five minutes from North Harbour and offers a variety of classes catering for all yoga levels from beginners to advanced in a serene and welcoming setting.
So, if you’re keen to get stronger and increase your flexibility, we hope to see you at Sunrise Yoga in the Park soon.
What to bring:
Yoga mat and/ or towel,
Full water bottle (no water at park)
An open heart and a smile
You may also want something to lay across your eyes during relaxation
(Please be aware that Reflections Park does not have public restrooms)
And now you can grab a coffee and use the facilities at the new North Harbour Café after your class – what a great way to start your day! We really are one of the best suburbs near Brisbane ?
1. Reduce stress. Slow, deep yogic breathing eases physical and mental tension allowing us to unwind after a busy week and prepare for the next. Being outside also helps to reduce stress levels, vital for a healthy mind and body.
2. Increase flexibility. Yoga helps us to stretch and elongate muscles throughout the body. The more elastic your muscles are, the less prone you are to injury.
3. Improve balance. Virtually everything we do, from walking, to shopping groceries to riding a bike all require varying levels of physical balance. Practicing the various poses improve balance and encourage free functional movement – vital for longevity and health. Yoga also benefits us in the other meaning of balance, yoga’s entire function is to balance body and mind to achieve our best mental and physical health.
4. Increase Strength. Many people either have strength or flexibility, too much of either doesn’t help with our functional movement. Yoga is an excellent way to build strength using your own body weight whilst ensuring you also stay flexible.
5. Build stamina. Yoga is a great form of exercise for all levels, ages, and abilities. Whilst all exercise will build stamina, yoga builds it gently – every practice increases stamina, and each pose can be adapted with varying degrees of difficulty allowing you to grow into your practice over time.
6. Improve digestion. Yoga’s twists and bends massage your internal organs and help to detoxify the system – great for health and can also assist with weight loss. Many poses can also help relieve bloating and stimulate the digestive system.
7. Enhanced focus. The concentration you develop in yoga translates to other areas of your life – excellent to do on a Sunday in the park before a hectic Monday!
8. Improve posture. Yoga helps you walk tall and develop strong core muscles. And, when you have body awareness and a strong core you can’t help but have good posture.
9. Improve circulation. Again, vital for health as poor circulation can lead to fluid retention, acne breakouts, issues with concentration and more! And cold feet. Cold feet are the worst.
10. Improve Cardiovascular Fitness. Controlled breathing teaches your body to use oxygen more efficiently and improves your level of cardiovascular fitness.
So – if you want to improve your functional fitness in a beautiful outdoor setting, for free – head to Sunrise Yoga in the Park. You’ll find all the details you need on our Facebook page. To find out more about Dionne and The Yoga Shed click here or visit www.yogashed.com.au.
Our Brand-New Sales and Information Centre & 33 Home Display Village are open every day from 10am-5pm including public holidays. Please note that our address has changed as we’ve moved to our new Sales & Information Centre (on the opposite side of Buckley Road from our previous location) and are now located on the corner of Buckley and Fraser Drive in Burpengary East, one of the best suburbs near Brisbane.
For more information on our available houses for sale please contact us. To keep up to date with the latest news and info including land releases, sign up for our email and SMS updates and find us on Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/northharbour/